I'm new, boyfriend has autism, want advice

my boyfriend has autism and aspergers and he has never been in a relationship before and doesn't know anything about having a girlfriend or how relationships work, how can I help him understand about it in a way that he will understand and wont get confused?

Parents
  • Hi, just a bit of an inside view of life as a couple with autistic partner..... His condition is not disease, it is nothing to cure! He just a person with his own ways of dealing with life, we all different! 

Relationships are difficult, especially first couple of years, with anyone. You both have to work pretty hard to build a foundation......compromises, understanding your differences. Very easy to throw a judgement like "he has autism and that is the problem of all" 

For me, learning about his Aspergers/autism was a relief! I wish we new earlier, it woul'd save us few arguments and misunderstandings.  If you  love each other and ready to invest into relationship, then autism is not a game stopper! So called neuronormal man can be much more trouble! Lol

good luck 

• Hi, just a bit of an inside view of life as a couple with autistic partner..... His condition is not disease, it is nothing to cure! He just a person with his own ways of dealing with life, we all different! 

Relationships are difficult, especially first couple of years, with anyone. You both have to work pretty hard to build a foundation......compromises, understanding your differences. Very easy to throw a judgement like "he has autism and that is the problem of all" 

For me, learning about his Aspergers/autism was a relief! I wish we new earlier, it woul'd save us few arguments and misunderstandings.  If you  love each other and ready to invest into relationship, then autism is not a game stopper! So called neuronormal man can be much more trouble! Lol

good luck 

Children
No Data