Saying hello

Hi

My name is Victoria and my Son who is 6 and a half has just been diagnosed formally with being on the Autism spectrum (Mild) The consultant said they don't diagnose Aspergers anymore, but that would be more to what my son has. 

At the moment i don't actually know where to start, we have had this in our minds since he was two, so to get a diagnosis just confirms what we already know. However my son does have his challenges and quirks (that makes us frustrated and exhausted)

My son is very number orientated- he is currently teaching himself about space, periodic table and decimal points. 

Parents
  • Hello Flamingo83 and welcome.  I find it strange what you consultant said because I was diagnosed just last week with Asperger's so they are do still use that diagnosis.  I also have a 12 year old foster son with Autism and ADHD so know the struggles you will have gone through to get any diagnosis.  

• Thats what she said, she places him on the mild end of the spectrum. We have another appointment in six months time so i’ll ask her about it then x

Reply Children
No Data