Early intervention????

Hi im fairly new to all tjis snd feel a little in limbo. my son is 3.5yrs and he has been having speech and lang therapy and me and my husband asked for a referral after we noticed lots of traits of autism. The therapist said she'd picked up in things too so she made the referral. We havnt even had an appointment come through yet for paediatrician and his pre school have said they want to do early intervention. Will this interfere with an actual diagnosis if people are saying different things that are observing him to what the doctors see that are actually assessing him. They have also moved him back a few stages on his development charts so they are more likely to get funding to have the early intervention. Im really confused. Any advice. Xxx

Parents
  • I don't have any experience as a parent, but it sounds like you are in good hands. No, any help your son gets won't interfere in the assessment, which will be carried out independently by the assessors.

What intervention are they proposing? Have they explained how it can help, and does that make sense to you?

• I don't have any experience as a parent, but it sounds like you are in good hands. No, any help your son gets won't interfere in the assessment, which will be carried out independently by the assessors.

What intervention are they proposing? Have they explained how it can help, and does that make sense to you?

Children
  • A small panel of people. I cant remember who unfortunatly. To help them with some strategies to help him and then when he starts school they can liaise with the teachers on his visits which they have. I just wasnt sure on the moving him back on his development. I wasnt sure if that would affect his real diagnosis. He's different there to what he is at home. consistent social traits where at home we have everything.