Communication at university

In September, I'm going to be starting my BA degree course in illustration and animation and would appreciate some advice in speaking and communicating with new and different people.

I have almost finished my foundation year and i haven't really spoken any one, or made any new friends. I really liked the course and have accomplished many things in terms of education, but not in communication. I realise now making new friends in university is a lot harder than IIwas ecpecting, especiall in a new environment. Next year I want to have real and full filling conversations with new people with out making as many mistakes as I have done this year. Agian advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Parents
  • What would a ‘real and fulfilling’ conversation be about for you? 

Also, don’t be afraid of making mistakes, it’s how we learn, it’s the reason why we have lightbulbs today! Mistakes are simply the stepping stones to success. They’re to be embraced, never feared. 

The book ~ How to Make Friends and Influence People ~ is a great way to learn more about how to make friends. If you like listening to books and haven’t joined already, you can get a free copy of this at audible.co.uk or you can download a pdf copy here https://www.yourcoach.be/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Dale-Carnegie-How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.pdf. Of course you can always purchase a copy or borrow it from the library.

I suppose the other thing to remember is to be that which we are seeking. For example, if we want more love in our lives, we would be more loving, so if we want more friends, we need to be more friendly and the book will definitely help you with that. Be genuinely interested in other people and ask them about themselves, give genuine compliments and don’t forget to always be your own best friend which means, never give yourself a hard time, always be self supportive and kind to yourself. 

Well done on almost completing your foundation degree. 

• What would a ‘real and fulfilling’ conversation be about for you? 

Also, don’t be afraid of making mistakes, it’s how we learn, it’s the reason why we have lightbulbs today! Mistakes are simply the stepping stones to success. They’re to be embraced, never feared. 

The book ~ How to Make Friends and Influence People ~ is a great way to learn more about how to make friends. If you like listening to books and haven’t joined already, you can get a free copy of this at audible.co.uk or you can download a pdf copy here https://www.yourcoach.be/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Dale-Carnegie-How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.pdf. Of course you can always purchase a copy or borrow it from the library.

I suppose the other thing to remember is to be that which we are seeking. For example, if we want more love in our lives, we would be more loving, so if we want more friends, we need to be more friendly and the book will definitely help you with that. Be genuinely interested in other people and ask them about themselves, give genuine compliments and don’t forget to always be your own best friend which means, never give yourself a hard time, always be self supportive and kind to yourself. 

Well done on almost completing your foundation degree. 

Children
No Data