Undiagnosed and searching for answers

Hello everyone, my name is Nikki and I am 22 years old. I have recently (in the last year and a half) delved into the world of therapy and mental health. I have seen a therapist in the past and am seeing another one currently. I feel as though I am on the spectrum and have only just brought this up with my therapist. I go in and see her later today to discuss it. Previously, I have been told I have severe social anxiety as well as clinical depression. Later on, I was told that I have bipolar disorder as well. I myself have felt that I identify more strongly with borderline personality disorder, but have yet to bring that up as well. And just recently, I found several places online saying that autism in women is commonly mistaken for BPD. My older sister is on the spectrum as well but has also been diagnosed as bipolar. I feel like in her case as well, there was some amount of misdiagnosis. There seem to be many possibilities and it's leaving me feeling very confused. I would like to explore myself within this community to help figure this out. I look forward to talking with you all. 

Parents Reply Children
  • I have done a few online tests. For BPD, Autism, and Aspergers. They all fit fairly well for me. I'm not really sure if there are any really good ones that can pinpoint it for me. My therapist told me today that I would need to go see someone who specializes in ASD and be professionally tested.