Autistic Psychotherapists

Hi I work as an art therapist and trauma therapist.  I am waiting for a referral for an autism assessment.  My children are completing autism assessments too.  I would like to make contact with other therapists who are on the autism spectrum or suspect that they might be.  I always knew that i processed information differently but didn't have words for it, so i feel like i am developing a whole new language. 

I wondered if there are any other therapists here that i could make links with?

Parents
  • I’m not a psychotherapist, I’m a metaphysician so I cant help you. I’m just wondering though, I’m just curious, what kind of links do you want to make with other autistic psychotherapists? There are several psychotherapy services for people with autism, maybe you could contact them and ask them if any of their therapists are also on the spectrum. In fact, I did go on one web site and it gave you some background info about their therapists and I’m sure some of them were autistic. I contacted a person who set up and group or service, in America, similar to what I’m creating, she’s also on the spectrum, but that wasn’t really my concern, I was just simply wanting to chat to her in some way and see if she could give me and tips or wisdom from her experience as she’s ahead of me with her goals. 

• I’m not a psychotherapist, I’m a metaphysician so I cant help you. I’m just wondering though, I’m just curious, what kind of links do you want to make with other autistic psychotherapists? There are several psychotherapy services for people with autism, maybe you could contact them and ask them if any of their therapists are also on the spectrum. In fact, I did go on one web site and it gave you some background info about their therapists and I’m sure some of them were autistic. I contacted a person who set up and group or service, in America, similar to what I’m creating, she’s also on the spectrum, but that wasn’t really my concern, I was just simply wanting to chat to her in some way and see if she could give me and tips or wisdom from her experience as she’s ahead of me with her goals. 

Children
No Data