If you have a diagnosis for more than one health condition/disability/learning disabilities.. How do they interact and how do you manage?

In the end I'm just me. But I have what seems a long list of issues and I keep wondering which bits are for what diagnosis and how to deal with them. Or do I just  accept everything as a whole.. If you have multiple health issues or multiple diversity how do you manage? 

Parents
  • I've only been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and SAD so far, it's been five weeks since my GP agreed to refer me but I haven't heard anything yet Disappointed am starting to wonder if she really did it.  Also wondering about going private, I have some savings, but how do you know if they are aware/sympathetic to adult females with great masking skills, (though possibly not so great lately)?  I honestly don't think I can wait two years in a state of oscillating self doubt and complete certainty on the ASD front.

Fifteen, twenty years ago I saw a psychologist but that therapy ended up focusing on the fact that I had a brother when I was four who died at ten days old.  It was all about trying to find a reason for my depression, it never felt right and I don't remember being traumatised by it though my parents relationship was dysfunctional (I strongly suspect my Father may be ASD)  and I think my Mother did all her crying just to me and says I just used to give her a hug...

Later there was CBT and group therapies (horror) but I can now see that they could never really have helped because no one was seeing the real cause of the anxiety.  I tried hard but when they were over I ultimately felt worse because something was still seriously 'not right' but I knew I was no longer depressed, it was something else.  My Mother paid for a consultation with a psychiatrist and the only conclusion was that I was not clinically depressed, the end.  I don't remember the sequence of events but at some point in this everyone around me kept telling me that I was so good at so many things that I should 'just' do x or y.  Somehow I knew this was impossible and at that point I took an overdose. I didn't really want to die but I couldn't bear the thought that life was just going to be this hard and hopeless forever.  So I walked away from the idea of help and hid under my stone at home until now.

I think we are whole entities and need to treat ourselves as such, maybe focussing on different things at different times as the need arises or we have the capacity.  Apologies if this is a muddled rant.

• I've only been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and SAD so far, it's been five weeks since my GP agreed to refer me but I haven't heard anything yet Disappointed am starting to wonder if she really did it.  Also wondering about going private, I have some savings, but how do you know if they are aware/sympathetic to adult females with great masking skills, (though possibly not so great lately)?  I honestly don't think I can wait two years in a state of oscillating self doubt and complete certainty on the ASD front.

Fifteen, twenty years ago I saw a psychologist but that therapy ended up focusing on the fact that I had a brother when I was four who died at ten days old.  It was all about trying to find a reason for my depression, it never felt right and I don't remember being traumatised by it though my parents relationship was dysfunctional (I strongly suspect my Father may be ASD)  and I think my Mother did all her crying just to me and says I just used to give her a hug...

Later there was CBT and group therapies (horror) but I can now see that they could never really have helped because no one was seeing the real cause of the anxiety.  I tried hard but when they were over I ultimately felt worse because something was still seriously 'not right' but I knew I was no longer depressed, it was something else.  My Mother paid for a consultation with a psychiatrist and the only conclusion was that I was not clinically depressed, the end.  I don't remember the sequence of events but at some point in this everyone around me kept telling me that I was so good at so many things that I should 'just' do x or y.  Somehow I knew this was impossible and at that point I took an overdose. I didn't really want to die but I couldn't bear the thought that life was just going to be this hard and hopeless forever.  So I walked away from the idea of help and hid under my stone at home until now.

I think we are whole entities and need to treat ourselves as such, maybe focussing on different things at different times as the need arises or we have the capacity.  Apologies if this is a muddled rant.

Children
No Data