HELP! I need advice about my employee

I currently employ a lovely young chap of 19. He is an apprentice and has been working with the company for about 4 months. What we originally believed were excentricities are now becoming more noticably signs of Asperger Syndrome. He shows pretty much most of the classic signs. We have asked him to tell us about his medical history but there has been no diagnosis. My staff find him quote difficult to deal with at times as he has ritualistic behaviour which can result in mild arguements, repetive physical behaviours which interfer with his work and many occassions where he has been unable to empathise. To be honest we do not know what to do. My partner and I are both ex teachers and have both had experiences of working with children who have asperger syndrom. He is quite typical of the children we have seen. We feel that if we knew that he had it then we could accomodate his behaviour better..at the moment he leaves us and our staff frustrated an confused by his actions. By knowing we would be able to adjust and accomodate. The main question is "what can we do to help him and thereby help us?" I need to know if he he has the syndrome (although I am pretty sure that he does) and what I can do to support him if anything...?

Parents
  • i think it's a lot harder in small companies, because by 'really friendly' you mean 'tightly knit social group who all fit hand in glove' and the biggest weakness of autism is failure to fit in to, read and respond correctly to, social group signals

• i think it's a lot harder in small companies, because by 'really friendly' you mean 'tightly knit social group who all fit hand in glove' and the biggest weakness of autism is failure to fit in to, read and respond correctly to, social group signals

Children
No Data