ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • I'm new to this forum. I have a daughter age 24, who exhibits many Aspergers symptoms. She has become more disconnected as time goes on. It's difficult to connect with her, with attempts often leading to emotional outbursts.

She has never been diagnosed. I'm considering having her tested (getting her to consider it will be a delicate process) with an expensive all day testing process which will include the ADOS testing.

My concern is that she needs to be diagnosed moving forward, to give her a road map for possible guidance to live a better and more productive life. Does she have a "disability"? Is she eligible for any help?

She graduated w/honors from a prestigeous University, but has not persued her major. Her path is now pursued from home, and she has become very withdrawn, and spends most of her time alone.

Should I pursue this testing avenue? Any recommendations for someone to see her? I don't want to spend a fortune on all day testing that may not be specific to her condition.  I live on Long Island NY. Thanks in advance.

• I'm new to this forum. I have a daughter age 24, who exhibits many Aspergers symptoms. She has become more disconnected as time goes on. It's difficult to connect with her, with attempts often leading to emotional outbursts.

She has never been diagnosed. I'm considering having her tested (getting her to consider it will be a delicate process) with an expensive all day testing process which will include the ADOS testing.

My concern is that she needs to be diagnosed moving forward, to give her a road map for possible guidance to live a better and more productive life. Does she have a "disability"? Is she eligible for any help?

She graduated w/honors from a prestigeous University, but has not persued her major. Her path is now pursued from home, and she has become very withdrawn, and spends most of her time alone.

Should I pursue this testing avenue? Any recommendations for someone to see her? I don't want to spend a fortune on all day testing that may not be specific to her condition.  I live on Long Island NY. Thanks in advance.

Children
No Data