ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • I was diagnosed with the ADOS test - it is appropriate for adults. One of my activities was exactly the children's story book, where there were a couple pages to indicate the times of the day, and you had to read the remainder of the story. There were other tests involving making up stories (such as picking 5 random items out of the bag and making up a story with them), there were sensory items placed on the desk, and my boyfriend told me that all of the interlude elemtns of the test (where she would say something and then pause for a really long time) were also tests to see if I would initiate / respond to social interaction.

Even though the tests may seem slightly juvenile, they are assessing the elemtns which need to be assessed in order to obtain a diagnosis.

• I was diagnosed with the ADOS test - it is appropriate for adults. One of my activities was exactly the children's story book, where there were a couple pages to indicate the times of the day, and you had to read the remainder of the story. There were other tests involving making up stories (such as picking 5 random items out of the bag and making up a story with them), there were sensory items placed on the desk, and my boyfriend told me that all of the interlude elemtns of the test (where she would say something and then pause for a really long time) were also tests to see if I would initiate / respond to social interaction.

Even though the tests may seem slightly juvenile, they are assessing the elemtns which need to be assessed in order to obtain a diagnosis.

Children
No Data