ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • During my assessment I did not have to look at any story books or puzzles. The assessment team just interviewed my parents and I.

I did fill out the EQ and AQ, though.

Also I had a lengthy Educational Psychologist report at my disposal, which included the WISC 111 intelligence test, taken when I was 10 years old. This provided them with enough relevant assessment data.

Assessments seem to vary so much, and you would think there would be some degree of standardisation.

• During my assessment I did not have to look at any story books or puzzles. The assessment team just interviewed my parents and I.

I did fill out the EQ and AQ, though.

Also I had a lengthy Educational Psychologist report at my disposal, which included the WISC 111 intelligence test, taken when I was 10 years old. This provided them with enough relevant assessment data.

Assessments seem to vary so much, and you would think there would be some degree of standardisation.

Children
No Data