ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • @wishface in My assessment i was asked bunch of questions which i struggled to answer properly my dad was with me to do the ones about childhood

The psychologist read out a short story to me, and i found it difficult to take it in and i said its a weird story 

i did this little puzzle thing moving rings from one peg to another cant explain properly about the puzzle or how to do it, struggled with the 4 rings and when trying to put it on peg i missed it a couple of times before it went on 

i mostly struggled with getting words out and struggled to explain things during the whole assessment

cant remember what else happened

• @wishface in My assessment i was asked bunch of questions which i struggled to answer properly my dad was with me to do the ones about childhood

The psychologist read out a short story to me, and i found it difficult to take it in and i said its a weird story 

i did this little puzzle thing moving rings from one peg to another cant explain properly about the puzzle or how to do it, struggled with the 4 rings and when trying to put it on peg i missed it a couple of times before it went on 

i mostly struggled with getting words out and struggled to explain things during the whole assessment

cant remember what else happened

Children
No Data