ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • It was a picture book (no text) with sequential art featuring frogs flying on lily pads through a town. I was asked to explain what was happening in lieu of text. I was then presented with three items of the sort you'd find in christmas crackers, little plastic gimmicky things, and create a story out of them. I have no idea how this is representative of anyone's experience, certainly as an adult. I can understand how this might be useful for testing kids, but as a grown man with some experience of life and some intelligence I find it completely ridiculous. I don't see how it is of any use to such a person. Anyone with a brain can see what's happening in that book for instance, surely being able to say 'there are flying frogs' doesn't preclude aspergers/asd or whatever?
  • It was a picture book (no text) with sequential art featuring frogs flying on lily pads through a town. I was asked to explain what was happening in lieu of text. I was then presented with three items of the sort you'd find in christmas crackers, little plastic gimmicky things, and create a story out of them. I have no idea how this is representative of anyone's experience, certainly as an adult. I can understand how this might be useful for testing kids, but as a grown man with some experience of life and some intelligence I find it completely ridiculous. I don't see how it is of any use to such a person. Anyone with a brain can see what's happening in that book for instance, surely being able to say 'there are flying frogs' doesn't preclude aspergers/asd or whatever?
Children
No Data