Epilim & autism?

I diddnt know till this evening that this epeleptic drug can cause autism, now though i did not take this when pregnant,do you think this could stay in your system or do something that causes it? i started taking this medication when i was around 15 to the age of 18 and wondering if this possibley could be the cause? however it should have well dissapeared out my system????/

Parents
  • But some aspects of autism could be confused with epilepsy - not that you'll find this in the Triad of Impairments.

There have been discussions about loss of awareness, which seems to be a response to sensory overload. This might seem like epilepsy but doesn't produce the same results as tests for epilepsy would elicit. It isn't a loss of consciousness or control, simply a loss of awareness.

It is possible therefore that someone reporting these fade outs was treated for epilepsy in error.

Now I guess there's going to be a total blank response to this, but someone surely can come to my rescue with similar experiences. I get these fade-outs, and was tested negatively for epilepsy at one stage, long long before I was found to be aspergers.

• But some aspects of autism could be confused with epilepsy - not that you'll find this in the Triad of Impairments.

There have been discussions about loss of awareness, which seems to be a response to sensory overload. This might seem like epilepsy but doesn't produce the same results as tests for epilepsy would elicit. It isn't a loss of consciousness or control, simply a loss of awareness.

It is possible therefore that someone reporting these fade outs was treated for epilepsy in error.

Now I guess there's going to be a total blank response to this, but someone surely can come to my rescue with similar experiences. I get these fade-outs, and was tested negatively for epilepsy at one stage, long long before I was found to be aspergers.

Children
No Data