Epilim & autism?

I diddnt know till this evening that this epeleptic drug can cause autism, now though i did not take this when pregnant,do you think this could stay in your system or do something that causes it? i started taking this medication when i was around 15 to the age of 18 and wondering if this possibley could be the cause? however it should have well dissapeared out my system????/

Parents
  • Longman, it seems to me that there are two problems with your analysis.

Firstly, I wasn't deducing any facts. I was trying to infer possibilities. I made repeated use of words that imply possibility rather than certainty. For example "my guess", "could also mean", "There are lots of possibilities here", "we know that we don't know what caused the autism in her son", "probably"

Secondly, if there were a genetic link between mo4b and her son's ASD then I still made no reference to blame or responsbility for that inheritance. I am fairly sure that I inherited my ASD from my father, and his father and his father before him. It makes no sense to me to blame any of these individuals for something that they had no knowledge of or any way of acting to avoid the passing on of the genes. If M04B passed on some genes that resulted in her son's autism then she had no way of knowing and avoiding that outcome. She made no act of commission or omission that carries any guilt whatsoever.

• Longman, it seems to me that there are two problems with your analysis.

Firstly, I wasn't deducing any facts. I was trying to infer possibilities. I made repeated use of words that imply possibility rather than certainty. For example "my guess", "could also mean", "There are lots of possibilities here", "we know that we don't know what caused the autism in her son", "probably"

Secondly, if there were a genetic link between mo4b and her son's ASD then I still made no reference to blame or responsbility for that inheritance. I am fairly sure that I inherited my ASD from my father, and his father and his father before him. It makes no sense to me to blame any of these individuals for something that they had no knowledge of or any way of acting to avoid the passing on of the genes. If M04B passed on some genes that resulted in her son's autism then she had no way of knowing and avoiding that outcome. She made no act of commission or omission that carries any guilt whatsoever.

Children
No Data