Can’t cope with sons Autism!!!

I’ve got a 6 year old boy - he’s autistic - non-verbal, global development delay, has pica, and is now self harming - he pulls his hands - ripping the skin off his fingers, causing his hands to swell, and drops to his knees from standing.

He bites himself - he constantly tries to attack the rest of his family, trying to bite, scratch, he screams and cries constantly - with absolutely no way of knowing why.

His development is too behind to use pet cards, he cannot communicate with us in any way. He will not accept any comforting. 

He won’t eat anything most of the time - when he does its bread. So I worry for his nutrition. But he will not try anything else - no matter how long you wait. I will not see him starve.

Life is becoming unbearable with him - he seems to be getting worse.

There doesn’t seem to be any help available. Drs say there is nothing they can do. He needs something to help calm him.  

I am at my wits end - it’s constant 24/7. It’s not fair on his older brother (8yo non-autistic) who has to see him screaming all day, and all night when he tries to sleep.

I also worry for his safety from his brother biting him.

I ask for help - there is none. I also worry incase they say I cannot handle either of my kids and they take them both.

I just don’t know what to do.

Parents
  • You might find the advice here helpful:

Eating

Meltdowns

Distressed behaviour

For example: one of the Society's suggestions for support (from the Distressed behaviour article) is to "Request a social care needs assessment for your family member and for yourself as a carer. You may be able to get respite care or the help of an outreach team who can support you with behaviour strategies." 

• You might find the advice here helpful:

Eating

Meltdowns

Distressed behaviour

For example: one of the Society's suggestions for support (from the Distressed behaviour article) is to "Request a social care needs assessment for your family member and for yourself as a carer. You may be able to get respite care or the help of an outreach team who can support you with behaviour strategies." 

Children
No Data