Diversity of reaction to burnout and overstimulation?

How do people experience these differently?

personally, a ‘meltdown’ (don’t like this term) for me takes the form of an intense headache (which can then last for 3 days despite painkillers) & need to be alone( not always possible),  whereas for my niece, she needs to scream when she’s overwhelmed. I just wondered if others also had differing experiences?p

Parents
  • I do something kinda in the middle - I will often cry or scream silently, rock backwards and forwards, lie on the floor and I'll always need to be alone. I wonder if age or life experience influences how meltdowns look for different people? I was punished as a child for screaming or being loud when I was upset which I think this led me to try and hide my meltdowns more, even if that just means being away from other people while I have them, and thus I learnt to cope with them by myself - other people may need more support from the people close to them when they're having meltdowns.

• I do something kinda in the middle - I will often cry or scream silently, rock backwards and forwards, lie on the floor and I'll always need to be alone. I wonder if age or life experience influences how meltdowns look for different people? I was punished as a child for screaming or being loud when I was upset which I think this led me to try and hide my meltdowns more, even if that just means being away from other people while I have them, and thus I learnt to cope with them by myself - other people may need more support from the people close to them when they're having meltdowns.

Children
No Data