Headaches

Hi. I’m new to this group. Newly confirmed autistic in early 40s, but known this for a long time and have experienced the same challenges all my life - just never knew why until recent years and better understanding of autism in women etc. Have had regular headaches for as long as I can remember and have learned how to manage them as best I can over the years, but recently read that they may be connected with my autism. Does anyone else experience these? I find they can be triggered by sunlight, high uv even on non sunny days, strong smells, over-whelming social gatherings, and after intensive periods of masking at work.

Parents
  • Stress and tension can cause headaches, and perhaps being autistic might result in increased stress and tension ( due to some of the sensory issues you mention etc). Perhaps you could look at reducing stress in your life and see if that helps? That might be the underlying cause.

• Stress and tension can cause headaches, and perhaps being autistic might result in increased stress and tension ( due to some of the sensory issues you mention etc). Perhaps you could look at reducing stress in your life and see if that helps? That might be the underlying cause.

Children