Burst ear drum - sensory nightmare

My ear drum burst last night - the most intense pain I have ever felt. I currently have very limited hearing in that ear and it is bleeding. I went to the doctor today so all is okay in theory but I am finding this an absolute sensory nightmare and it is reducing me to tears and the idea of my ear feeling like this for weeks is making me feel so upset. Does anyone have any recomendations to deal with this? I know it is quite niche. But the idea of continuing like this and working is making me feel really overwhelmed. 

• It has to heal on it's own in due course.
    The problem is, our sense of balance is located in our ear-drums, so you might find Yourself un-balanced and dizzy on Your feet.
    The other issue is that if Someone is boring You it can no longer go in one ear and out the other. Astonished

• the idea of continuing like this and working is making me feel really overwhelmed. 

This is one of the situations where I would recommend you ask the doctor for some anti-anxiety meds to get you over the worst of the healing stage, especially since it is causing you to compound your anxiety.

• My ear drum burst a few years ago, it is weird to have one sided hearing. If there’s an issue with one of my hearing aids I’ll take both out because of the sensation of feeling blocked in the deaf aidless ear and not the other. Have you tried putting an ear plug in the other ear to give your hearing a bit more balance? I appreciate that will mean you can’t hear very much but might make you feel a bit more even which may help?