Autistic friendly ultrasonic mouse repeller recommendations?

Hiya, I unfortunately have got a mouse problem in my flat :(( I've called pest control, stuffed up all the holes I can see but can hear them in the walls which is unnerving at times. Can anyone recommend an ultrasonic plug in mouse repeller that autistic people WON'T be able to hear? 

I have very sensitive hearing so if the pitch is too low I will hear it and will have to yeet that device out ma window!

I've tried chilli powder and peppermint oil btw and they don't work, the mice come from the chinese takeaway downstairs haha!

Parents Reply Children
  • I've tried all sorts of rodent repellents over the years, my last house had infestations of both mice and rats, I had rats eat most of my kitchen, 2 fridgefreezers, a cooker, the washing machine hose and holes in the units. Nothing worked, so I got a kitten and my elderly cat taught him to hunt, we had no problems after that.

The mice will need to come out and eat at some point, then the cat will catch them. Mice are far less likely to live in a place where they know cats are. They may end up still living in the walls, but they won't come into the house.

• A cat?

You would say that, wouldn't you Wink

If the mice are in the walls then it is going to take an ultra slimline moggie to deal with them.

I expect that poison is the way to do this and the risk of the decoposing mice causing a bit of a stink for a while.

I remember a flat I was renovating on the Souh Coast had a rat infestation a year beforehand and I had to work under the floor to do some plumbing - the smell of the dead rats was aweful even after 12 months.

It took a lot of scrubbing until I felt clean again but I did remove all the bodies and cleaned the area as part of the work.