Does anyone else hate water?

By hate I mean hate water on your skin and not drinking water; though that is also an issue for me as well.

A lot of people love bathing in the bath or having a shower and a swim in the pool but for as long as I can remember it's always been something I've hated. When it rains I try to keep my hands in my pockets and my hood up so I don't get wet.

When I was a child my mum used to proper go for me and tell me to stop being silly. But during my assessment they said this was something a lot of autistic people experience so I thought I would mention it here, to see if there's anyone who can relate to this.

Bathing is an issue because I like to be clean and wash my hair but I find it so torturous in a way and I rush both so I can get out of the water ASAP.

It's raining now. I'm going to stay in for now, hopefully it will pass soon enough.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

Parents
  • I am like a fish with water the wetter I get it’s great when I’m on holiday you can’t get me out of the pool or the sea lol but I don’t like drinking water as it tastes horrible. When I went to work at a summer camp in the states it was horrible as all they made us drink was water. 

• I am like a fish with water the wetter I get it’s great when I’m on holiday you can’t get me out of the pool or the sea lol but I don’t like drinking water as it tastes horrible. When I went to work at a summer camp in the states it was horrible as all they made us drink was water. 

Children
No Data