Why Must We Verify Our Right to Exist?

Why aren't disabled people entitled to be in authority of our own lives? Why does the science community approve disability genocide and ableist eugenics without informed consent of the individual in question? 

Please sign the petition, disabled people should have the right to participate in the discussion of how biotechnology will be used on us without our informed consent. 

www.youtube.com/.../PC2VtaQMLFY

https://chng.it/cVjFKP6c9N

• I think that attitudes to disability, in the West, are probably the most positive they have ever been. I cannot imagine that anyone in a democratic country would be forced to undergo any treatment against their will or consent (excepting people with mental illnesses who are a danger to themselves or others). For most autistic people, the genetic basis of their condition is very, very complex, involving multiple genetic alleles, some of which are beneficial to themselves and society, and are widespread in the general population. The idea that gene editing techniques could be used to change such a complex system of alleles is unlikely, would be very costly and ethically questionable. Removing alleles that have contributed to individual genius, artistry and vast strides in human achievement would be self-defeating in a very fundamental way.

• I agree with the usage of the technology, my concern is about human rights and informed consent of the individual. 

Such as I agree biotechnology will be a great help for things like sickle cell disease, but if it's a disability that is not fatal like autism, ADHD, down syndrome etc... the treatment should require informed consent from the patient. Even though I don't want to be cured of autism, I would approve of a cure if we had asurety it would be up to the autistic individual him-or herself.

Just like I see a great threat from the attitudes towards disabilities, I see great potential in biotechnology. 

• As a former molecular biologist who worked in a biotechnology institute, I can say categorically that the ethics of any proposed research in this country involving human beings, or human tissue, is very rigorously investigated before it can go ahead. The same cannot be said of autocracies like China and Russia; it is research in these countries that is likely to be highly unethical.

Waiting for natural selection to solve challenges is likely to leave millions dead. This is illustrated by the Covid pandemic, molecular engineering gave us effective vaccines in a remarkably short time. Without the vaccines and the molecular biology techniques that allowed their production mankind would have survived, but quite likely there would have been severe mortality and very widespread cultural and economic disruption.

• As an older Irish gay man with a later in life diagnosis of autism here in the U.K. and traditional Irish Catholic Patriot, having read it in full and also watched the video very carefully, I am totally in agreement with this petition - I was first made aware of this issue just before Covid and I’d heard more about this by Gemma O’ Doherty and many others in the truth and patriot movement during Covid - I firmly believe and maintain that mankind does not have any right to replace nor ursurp the role of God in the story of human life and creation, according to traditional Catholic social teachings - it is for this reason that not only have I signed this petition, it is also why I am fundamentally opposed to all advances in science and biotechnology, especially transhumanism and genetic engineering/editing, as I’m also firmly opposed to abortion, including and not limited to for disability