Migraines.

I'm curious if anyone else who has autism also has recurrent and debilitating migraines. 

I get migraines multiple times throughout the month. Growing up I had headaches but it was in my late teens and early adulthood when they really began to affect me in a way that caused disruption to my daily life.

In the last three years my anxiety has also worsened and this has increased the migraines and their severity to the extent that I can no longer work and when they happen not only is my anxiety at its worst but I'm also bed bound.

My GP has been somewhat unhelpful regarding this. She gave me medication for my migraines and anxiety but they don't seem to actually help at all. I've tried a few different medications now but they all have little to no effect on my symptoms.

Is there anything else I can do to help with my migraines? If I hadn't had the MRI and tests I would swear I have a brain tumour. The pain and other symptoms I get are that bad.

I'm open to any suggestions you might have to help me with this.

Parents
  • Hi

I've suffered with Migraines for years and been fobbed off by GPs numerous times. My advice is don't give up! 

Log your Migraines to see if there are patterns that develop, i used the Migraine Buddy app, it was a really good app. i take anti depressants, which have helped with the stress related ones. But you will find that you never get rid of them completely. 

Do some research and go back to your GP and see if you can get something that will help to prevent them better.

All the best.

• Hi

I've suffered with Migraines for years and been fobbed off by GPs numerous times. My advice is don't give up! 

Log your Migraines to see if there are patterns that develop, i used the Migraine Buddy app, it was a really good app. i take anti depressants, which have helped with the stress related ones. But you will find that you never get rid of them completely. 

Do some research and go back to your GP and see if you can get something that will help to prevent them better.

All the best.

Children
No Data