Fibromyalgia

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? I've read it can be a common occurrence when you have autism. My doctor suggested I might have fibromyalgia because I get a lot of pains and am sleepy all the time. I've had bloods in the past but nothing ever comes back bad so she's thinking it could be fibromyalgia.

I'm pensive about getting this diagnosis. Partly because I've already got family who don't believe in my autism diagnosis and with fibromyalgia I've read a lot of people don't think it's a "real" diagnosis so my family will be unbearable if I get diagnosed with it! 

But I am a little relieved that there could be a diagnosis for my pains etc that isn't severely serious. I always worry about cancer with my abdominal pains and headaches, and heart problems when the left side of my chest hurts... A lot of it stems from anxiety though, I know this, but a lot of time time it feels so much more than anxiety pains but when I look anxiety up I see the symptoms and I have almost all of them :( 

I spend most of my time in my room feeling anxious and terrified. I need to do more and try to worry less. I've read physical activity can help so maybe I'll start by doing a five minute walk each day.

• Hi Wozzleboop. Yes, I've been told that I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and IBS although I'm now starting to rethink all of them because it's just a name given to an unexplained symptom (that's just my opinion though!). I have discovered that all of them are linked to anxiety and past trauma in my case. If you're anxious then you'll be holding tension in your body, most likely in the hips or shoulders but it could be anywhere. I find yoga really helpful for managing pain, releasing stored tension in muscles and relaxation - there are lots of videos on YouTube so no need to go to a scary class! Gentle, short walks in nature help me too as does my favourite hobby, birdwatching. I hope you find something helpful for you.