Books on autism and adhd.

I am looking for books on autism or adhd.

Here are some that I have found for adhd: I haven't read them yet but I am planning on doing it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADHD-2-0-Essential-Strategies-Distraction-ebook/dp/B0C5HJ3KJ7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=AXPNRMTBS7M&keywords=hallowell&qid=1700838419&s=books&sprefix=hallowell%2Cstripbooks%2C74&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-ADHD-Insiders-Working-Against-ebook/dp/B0CDMV8ZVW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=EPIQTNX39834&keywords=how+to+adhd&qid=1700839169&s=books&sprefix=how+to+adhd%2Cstripbooks%2C72&sr=1-1

I don't know of any useful books for actually managing autism. There are a lot on life experiences but I want books that have actually strategies to work with the way my mind works and figure out what I am good at. I know temple grandin has a few of these and I need to read more of her books.

Parents
  • I found Unmasking Autism by Devon Price very helpful- the author is an autistic psychologist so he really knows what he's talking about, and there are some little exercises in it to help figure out the details of how your autism works.

How to Keep House While Drowning by KC Davis is good if you have trouble getting things done at home due to executive dysfunction. I haven't tried too many of the things in there yet but even just reading someone else's words about how I'm not just a lazy waste of space made a difference.

Looking After Your Autistic Self by Niamh Garvey has loads of advice on managing sensory issues and emotional regulation too.

• I loved the how i'm not just a lazy waste of space. Whenever I say why I have not been able to do anything I always just laugh it off and say joking because I am lazy, but I think I still believe it and it is hard to change that.

I read unmasking autism. I liked it. Need to reread it. The problem I have is I am an a**hole, if I just let go I find peoples weaknesses and just rip them to shreds it is not intentional but I can't help it, but I also try to be a good person when I hear other people talk they feel like a**holes and not very nice people and I try to avoid them. I guess I just need to find nice people to talk to. One day. It's a journey. Focus on the process not the destination.

• I loved the how i'm not just a lazy waste of space. Whenever I say why I have not been able to do anything I always just laugh it off and say joking because I am lazy, but I think I still believe it and it is hard to change that.

I read unmasking autism. I liked it. Need to reread it. The problem I have is I am an a**hole, if I just let go I find peoples weaknesses and just rip them to shreds it is not intentional but I can't help it, but I also try to be a good person when I hear other people talk they feel like a**holes and not very nice people and I try to avoid them. I guess I just need to find nice people to talk to. One day. It's a journey. Focus on the process not the destination.

Children
No Data