Cycles of dysregulation?

I get dysregulated every single morning as soon as I wake. 

The first 2hrs of the day I have to be really careful or the tiniest thing throws me into meltdown because I start dysregulated.

Factors I know are involved:

Sleeping badly (nightmares, sweats, a lot of snoring and coughing, waking at least 3x a night) -recently started melatonin

Waking up in pain (back, neck, shoulders, legs, feet, hands) due to 'chronic pain' with no identifed cause

Waking up needing but being unable to poo cos I've eaten poorly again

External sounds (eg being woken by neighbors slamming doors or their kids playing ball outside before 8am) 

General life stresses that I don't know what to do to resolve/improve

Having been social the day before

I have moved into the back bedroom to reduce neighborhood sounds and I've realized I'm also better in a more confined space, the new bedroom is smaller. This has also helped me start going to bed before between 11 and midnight as opposed to 2am. I guess I didn't like my old room! 

I'm trialling going downstairs making tea and going back to bed in the morning but I'm so not with it just dropping the teaspoon is enough to fly into meltdown. 

2hrs later it feels like a switch is flicked in my head and I'm suddenly "reasonable" again. 

Does anyone else experience dysregulation instantly on waking? Have you found solutions or things that help? Can we get into cycles and get stuck in then because it's a routine and we know how how brains like routine? 

Distract me folks. What do you all think? 

(Written 1hr into the dysregulation zone please be kind) 

Parents Reply
  • Thank you for the info. I didn't know they'd worked out what percentage we process in comparison with NT's. Facts make me feel better. :) 

I don't live with anyone, unless you count the pets and I don't think they'll listen to a request to not need a wee and be let out lol. It's a nice thought tho! The dog is learning not to get up when I first get up and stays on the bed while I make a drink and come back. The cat wants out, so he can have an hour in the garden if he wants to get wet! 

Do you have noise cancelling headphones? The ones I have produce a high pitched whistle when turned on (yep I can hear electrical items). Do you know if that's how they work or if it's cos they are cheap?

I calmed down eventually, but of course have no energy after all that. I've been painting the walls with a small paintbrush to keep occupied. Stops me thinking lol. 

Children