Cycles of dysregulation?

I get dysregulated every single morning as soon as I wake. 

The first 2hrs of the day I have to be really careful or the tiniest thing throws me into meltdown because I start dysregulated.

Factors I know are involved:

Sleeping badly (nightmares, sweats, a lot of snoring and coughing, waking at least 3x a night) -recently started melatonin

Waking up in pain (back, neck, shoulders, legs, feet, hands) due to 'chronic pain' with no identifed cause

Waking up needing but being unable to poo cos I've eaten poorly again

External sounds (eg being woken by neighbors slamming doors or their kids playing ball outside before 8am) 

General life stresses that I don't know what to do to resolve/improve

Having been social the day before

I have moved into the back bedroom to reduce neighborhood sounds and I've realized I'm also better in a more confined space, the new bedroom is smaller. This has also helped me start going to bed before between 11 and midnight as opposed to 2am. I guess I didn't like my old room! 

I'm trialling going downstairs making tea and going back to bed in the morning but I'm so not with it just dropping the teaspoon is enough to fly into meltdown. 

2hrs later it feels like a switch is flicked in my head and I'm suddenly "reasonable" again. 

Does anyone else experience dysregulation instantly on waking? Have you found solutions or things that help? Can we get into cycles and get stuck in then because it's a routine and we know how how brains like routine? 

Distract me folks. What do you all think? 

(Written 1hr into the dysregulation zone please be kind) 

Parents
  • Hi Max 

I understand that you feel dysregulated because of all the above reasons. Did you also know that cortisol levels (the stress hormone) are at their highest first thing in morning? This is especially true if you have not slept well. The cortisol levels are highest in the morning in order to help you feel more alert.

I suggest this as it might be a contributing factor.

I also feel very stressed in the morning sometimes, you are not alone!

• Hi Max 

I understand that you feel dysregulated because of all the above reasons. Did you also know that cortisol levels (the stress hormone) are at their highest first thing in morning? This is especially true if you have not slept well. The cortisol levels are highest in the morning in order to help you feel more alert.

I suggest this as it might be a contributing factor.

I also feel very stressed in the morning sometimes, you are not alone!

Children