Vaccines/learning disabilities: eligibility

I'm confused.

I've been invited for a 'flu vaccine even though I'm not within any of the vulnerable groups.

The invite states the '18-64 'at risk' group.

So, I just wondered whether autism is classed as a 'learning disability' with respect to this, as that is a 'vulnerable group' in the NHS list.

As far as I'm aware, autism is classed as a developmental disability but you can also have a learning disability with it.

Some do, some don't.

This has also set me wondering whether I will now be invited for a Covid vaccine on the same grounds.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this please (and has anyone else been unexpectedly invited to the Vaccine Party)?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Good morning, 

I don't meet the criteria for the flu vaccine. Also COVID booster vaccine. The virus is back and debating to weara face covering. I've got a cold and sinuses. Gradually getting better.

Next week I've got a GP appointment and is it worth mentioning this? I may run out of time. Autism is a hidden disability.

• I spoke to my GP about it when I got the booster last year and it's not autism it'self that is the reason but because autistic people are more likely to have co-ocurring conditions, be extra sensitive to symptoms of illnesses and therefore find them more debilitating, but also tend to have worse outcomes if we need to be hospitalised (he didn't say it was a reason outright but there was allusions to the DNR scandal during the peak of covid) basically the best thing for us is to be kept as healthy and out of hosptal as possible.

Reply Children
No Data