Doubts about gender identity

My experience, based on a rather small sample, is that there is a strong overlap between being on the Spectrum and having at least some doubts about ones gender identity.  Possibly our lack of social awareness (= tact) means we are more ready to admit to something that most people would keep well hidden.  Possibly there is a real correlation.

At one point I found that of the four male Aspies regularly posting to a small forum, three had well developed female personas.  Too small a sample, but interesting.  Another forum member was a paintball ref and really one of the lads (and female).

Anyone else willing to speak for themselves?  Any parents noticed boyish girls or girlish boys?

Parents
  • Well put and a clear datum on the subject, whilst the journey you took was more like the blind alley myself and any other person takes, in the absence of labels. The light at the end of the tunnel lands each person on a different path. I merely wished to highlight that in this refracting process of gender identity and who am I, one of the out pipes is homosexuality and as you ahave eloquently presented transition is the conclusion and out pipe as another part of this.

Have you ever considered before the advent of surgery as we know it what the healthy options in an inclusive society would be, how would a free person go about their life in a happy manner if they were able to do so and what would that be like for an inclusive people group to witness and then respond positivrely to. I have no reservations about the choice of transition and am in no doubt of the relief and orientation it provides for the recipient. I whish and have personally explored this issue in great depth and from a position of considerable innocence, ignorance and vulnerability. 

Whilst the presententions of such social inclusion are limited, they do exist and have an emmence effect in the positive, as you state you clearly experience yourself in this time.

To expand this in wider society was once a norm and 3500 years has passed. The hows and whys of our illuded neighbours are the rocks upon which we can flounder in this time.

Proper intelegent stuff pleased to meet you.

WB

• Well put and a clear datum on the subject, whilst the journey you took was more like the blind alley myself and any other person takes, in the absence of labels. The light at the end of the tunnel lands each person on a different path. I merely wished to highlight that in this refracting process of gender identity and who am I, one of the out pipes is homosexuality and as you ahave eloquently presented transition is the conclusion and out pipe as another part of this.

Have you ever considered before the advent of surgery as we know it what the healthy options in an inclusive society would be, how would a free person go about their life in a happy manner if they were able to do so and what would that be like for an inclusive people group to witness and then respond positivrely to. I have no reservations about the choice of transition and am in no doubt of the relief and orientation it provides for the recipient. I whish and have personally explored this issue in great depth and from a position of considerable innocence, ignorance and vulnerability. 

Whilst the presententions of such social inclusion are limited, they do exist and have an emmence effect in the positive, as you state you clearly experience yourself in this time.

To expand this in wider society was once a norm and 3500 years has passed. The hows and whys of our illuded neighbours are the rocks upon which we can flounder in this time.

Proper intelegent stuff pleased to meet you.

WB

Children
No Data