Autistic adults and food

Hi, 

I was wondering if any other autistic adults with a selective diet have any advice for trying to introduce new foods?

I am now 26 and worry that my restricted diet will affect my health, it also causes issues with my relationships and work. 

Has anyone had any succces with types of therapy/the doctors or is it a case of perseverance? 

Thanks! 

Parents
  • If it wasn’t for my wife, I would eat the same things each week. I’m not a fussy eater by any means, but I know what I like and I’m quite happy to have it over and over again..which is what I’ve done for years…unless my wife serves me something else…

• My wife has been on holiday this week with my mother. I bought a pasta meatball bake thing for £4 it is meant for 4 people, it was dinner for 4 days. I often buy a packet of sausages and two tins of spaghetti hoops. That is 4 days dinner, food has never interested me, I eat because I have to.

• My wife has been on holiday this week with my mother. I bought a pasta meatball bake thing for £4 it is meant for 4 people, it was dinner for 4 days. I often buy a packet of sausages and two tins of spaghetti hoops. That is 4 days dinner, food has never interested me, I eat because I have to.

Children