Autistic adults and food

Hi, 

I was wondering if any other autistic adults with a selective diet have any advice for trying to introduce new foods?

I am now 26 and worry that my restricted diet will affect my health, it also causes issues with my relationships and work. 

Has anyone had any succces with types of therapy/the doctors or is it a case of perseverance? 

Thanks! 

Parents
  • We tend to stick to routine, The same and regular food is part of it. It frees a lot of brain processing, so you can use it to have more fun Stuck out tongue

So, it is even more important to develop healthy diet and than stick to it, and have a way of testing new foods as well. I do ''cook something new Wednesday''

• We tend to stick to routine, The same and regular food is part of it. It frees a lot of brain processing, so you can use it to have more fun Stuck out tongue

So, it is even more important to develop healthy diet and than stick to it, and have a way of testing new foods as well. I do ''cook something new Wednesday''

Children
  • I’m the same with routine and just getting the same few options in every weekly shopping delivery. But I don’t do too bad nutritionally as I usually make at least one weekly dinner a salad and I had been juicing celery daily for a time which I intend to resume soon. Have to live up to my profile avatar!