Pop quiz! Do you like going out shopping?

I'm just writing to a well known food chain, advising them of some shortcomings I am experiencing with their home delivery process.

Post Pandemic, I've realised just how much I utterly hated going "shopping" and I realised we are really invested now in home delivery!

(So much, that I'm actually attempting to get the process to work a bit better) 

I wondered if it's just me, or is this a more universal Autism thing?

For those of you who don't like to post or vote, this is a very simple question, and you can possibly excercise a bit of power if you have a strong feeling about shopping.

We constitute about 1/50th of the population if I have my facts correct, (I may not when it comes to that number) so IF we turn out to be "all of one mind" it's worth "niche influencers" like myself (I KNOW companies, and even lawmakers, can be influenced by a well written complaint, as I've been doing it for years! I claim credit for killing a Kellogs ad campaign in the nineties with a particularly vitriolic communication to the right department and the part of U.K. drone law that lets your kids (and me!) fly a toy in your own back garden... 

Complaining is like planting seeds, and waiting to see which ones sprout. For those who are lacking in funds and powerless it's a very cheap hobby, too.

You just have to do it creatively, and not "whine"...

So how do YOU feel about a trip to the shops?

Parents
  • The older I get, the more I find myself going out of my way to actively avoid going out shopping. I can just about cope with paying a visit to my local convenience store, but can't be doing with visiting my town centre or local out-of-town shopping mall... They are just far too busy for my liking, and I'm not good around large groups of people.

Fortunately for me, I have an adult son that still lives with me. If we need groceries or other essentials, he'll pop out and get them. For anything else, I'll order online.

• The older I get, the more I find myself going out of my way to actively avoid going out shopping. I can just about cope with paying a visit to my local convenience store, but can't be doing with visiting my town centre or local out-of-town shopping mall... They are just far too busy for my liking, and I'm not good around large groups of people.

Fortunately for me, I have an adult son that still lives with me. If we need groceries or other essentials, he'll pop out and get them. For anything else, I'll order online.

Children
  • I too don't like the shops when busy. I went to our town to shop this week as I needed to check on a size. I went early so there weren't many people.

Even then I meant to get something I couldn't get online, but in my haste to get back home I forgot. I think that is the first time I have been to a shop in town since the first lockdown. I prefer my local shops if I need something.