Teeth Extraction And Drinking

On Sunday, my 4 year old daughter had 8 teeth taken out, she’s always struggled with tooth brushing and has a very restricted diet, which has led us to this point. However, since she has had these teeth taken out, she is refusing to drink anything. 

We have tried water, smoothies, Fruit Shoot, all of her favourite drinks. Straws, sports cap bottles, even through a Calpol syringe and she won’t touch it. 

Anyone have any ideas on how I can help her? She doesn’t eat any fresh fruit, or watery foods, but has been eating soft foods, since her extraction, so she must be able to swallow?

Obviously, I know that she will be dealing with this big change in her own way, but the nurses said that it’s really important to keep her drinking loads of water, so I’m getting very worried.

Parents
  • Could it be a temperature thing? She might be somewhat sensitive after the extractions.

Maybe try warm fluids, or something completely different that she hasn’t tried before.

And try ice lollies. Good for swelling and fluid.

Also, taste. Drinking after extractions isn’t very nice. There’s an unusual taste from the open wounds.

I wouldn’t worry about her eating fresh fruit, since you can hide it in many different food stuffs.

• Could it be a temperature thing? She might be somewhat sensitive after the extractions.

Maybe try warm fluids, or something completely different that she hasn’t tried before.

And try ice lollies. Good for swelling and fluid.

Also, taste. Drinking after extractions isn’t very nice. There’s an unusual taste from the open wounds.

I wouldn’t worry about her eating fresh fruit, since you can hide it in many different food stuffs.

Children
No Data