What activities make you feel good about yourself

Like many, I often struggle to manage my mental health, self-esteem and negative thoughts towards myself. However, I do have a few activities that I enjoy that just help to reframe things and make me feel positive about myself.

What activities do you enjoy that have a positive effect on your outlook?

I just started exercise again after a 3 month break and it feels wonderful. I also picked up woodworking again after a similar break and have just completed making a new workbench. It’s not brilliant, but it’s mine and I’m proud of it.

Parents
  • Outdoor swimming and mermaiding are the main ones for me - both have been a lifeline in recent years.

Also enjoy stone engraving/painting, gardening, Lego building, programming, reading, amongst various other hobbies!

• Outdoor swimming looks like it could be very relaxing. I’d like to try it at some point. I’ve never heard of mermaiding though, what does that entail? 

stone engraving sounds good too. I’m playing around with wood carving a little.

• Outdoor swimming looks like it could be very relaxing. I’d like to try it at some point. I’ve never heard of mermaiding though, what does that entail? 

stone engraving sounds good too. I’m playing around with wood carving a little.

Children
No Data