Earplugs

Hi,

My doctor has recommended I wear earplugs at work so I can focus better and not be overwhelmed by background noise. Can anyone recommend what type of earplugs to use that aren't pricey?

Parents
  • I’ve started to wear them intermittently in work. Just squidgy ones that I got fairly cheaply on Amazon. 

they’re particularly helpful now that I’m back in the actual office so much and given that the office consensus seems to be windows must be open at all times (Covid). That means the noise from machinery on the roof is a constant distraction as is the freezing cold draft. Nobody else seems bothered by either. I fully appreciate that I’m the odd one out. But I’m less self conscious in my hoodie (worn up), sunglasses and earplugs (sometimes all at once) than I was. I mentioned my diagnosis at work so it’s understood if  still occasionally teased about by one or two people passing my desk. 

• Thank you for your advice. I work in retail so would you say the ear plugs you use would be suitable for the environment?

• The ones i use are not too noticable, i work in a quiet environment, so dont use them for work.  Have a word with your boss and see if they will let you.  Sure they will make accomodations for you if they are decent

Reply Children
  • My boss will let me wear them at work. Sorry worded my previous reply wrong. I meant would the earplugs work if I wore them at work? enough to dampen down noise but not too much that I can't hear if someone is talking to me? :)