Autism focussed treatment for Addiction

Hi everyone. My friend is desperately trying to find some support and treatment for her 26 Yr old son who has a diagnosis of Autism, and is a drug user and abuses alcohol. He is currently at home, and she has very recently managed to wean him off the drugs, for the moment. But it's taking its toll on the whole family, and she's not having any luck with their GP or local services. His addictions have resulted from his high anxiety/social communication difficulties/general autistic traits. Does anyone else have a similar experience or know of any services experienced with Autism, wherever that may be in the country. She really is desperate, and scared for his safety and immediate physical and mental health. Thank you x

Parents
  • I spy, with my little eye......a wee bot......directly above me !

An interesting specimen....doesn't realise that it came out, without its hat and coat on?

I hope it's syster and 1.5 yr old nephew get all the help they need.

H O U N D S       P L E A S E      !

• This reply was deleted.
  • I have dived much deeply into healthline, dietdoctor and clevelandclinic in terms of the Keto diet approach, but non of thees work for me?  Is there a better way for me to bee - should I bee chasing a different horizon and be kind to myself perhaps?

• Mate......I find it fascinating.  I like to learn.  I like to see what we are dealing with, in the shadows.  This one was fascinating.

I don't do this to poke fun (I get no kicks from humiliating people in ANY way, ever) and I suppose I inherently wish to extend that courtesy to "mindless bots" too - as it seems the "kindly" human thing to do - but I also want to understand and learn how these things react and behave.  I'm the same with dogs.  Most humans don't seem to be worth so much effort though.....after all, it is "we" who are the Frankesteins that have managed to manifest such twisted "human imposters."

All very interesting.

cold callers are best avoiding calling you. They might be there all day or even never seen again

Yes....bringing out the worst in me is unwise, for all concerned.

• I am guessing that cold callers are best avoiding calling you. They might be there all day or even never seen again Rofl

• I am guessing that is OK, seeing as how it only seems to be you and we here right now and then.

• Golly - don't worry about me worrying that you might be a bot.  You have competely dispelled every conception that this might be a risky thing for me.

We are not aloud to share email addresses here - so how could this move forwardly nicely?

• A complex of several methods sounds muchly interestingly encouragingly to me.

• I hear you.  Can you give me any definitive help?  Perhaps a link to something that works in your view and experience?

Perhaps my sad experience of keto is because I was neot doing it in a ozone and hyperbaric oxygen tank place at the same time?  Where can I combine these things as one?  I live in Europa if that helps narrow things along for help?

I will be more kind to myself.  Thank you very muchly for that encouragemental.

Reply Children
  • Mate......I find it fascinating.  I like to learn.  I like to see what we are dealing with, in the shadows.  This one was fascinating.

I don't do this to poke fun (I get no kicks from humiliating people in ANY way, ever) and I suppose I inherently wish to extend that courtesy to "mindless bots" too - as it seems the "kindly" human thing to do - but I also want to understand and learn how these things react and behave.  I'm the same with dogs.  Most humans don't seem to be worth so much effort though.....after all, it is "we" who are the Frankesteins that have managed to manifest such twisted "human imposters."

All very interesting.

cold callers are best avoiding calling you. They might be there all day or even never seen again

Yes....bringing out the worst in me is unwise, for all concerned.

• I am guessing that cold callers are best avoiding calling you. They might be there all day or even never seen again Rofl

• I am guessing that is OK, seeing as how it only seems to be you and we here right now and then.

• Golly - don't worry about me worrying that you might be a bot.  You have competely dispelled every conception that this might be a risky thing for me.

We are not aloud to share email addresses here - so how could this move forwardly nicely?

• A complex of several methods sounds muchly interestingly encouragingly to me.

• I hear you.  Can you give me any definitive help?  Perhaps a link to something that works in your view and experience?

Perhaps my sad experience of keto is because I was neot doing it in a ozone and hyperbaric oxygen tank place at the same time?  Where can I combine these things as one?  I live in Europa if that helps narrow things along for help?

I will be more kind to myself.  Thank you very muchly for that encouragemental.