Using public transport

I use the train at the weekend.  I rode my bike to the train station and then used the train then rode to my Mum's house. I was very anxious about the journey, but it was not so bad in the end.

Do you worry about using public transport?

Parents
  • It's a mixed bag but I have to deal with it because I can't drive. I like getting into the city quickly on quiet off peak trains. Its also one of my favourite things to ride in the front seat at the top deck of buses through the city and take photos/see the architecture/listen to atmospheric music. 

Busy public transport is hell. Noise cancelling headphones and podcasts/music are the only way i can do it now as it helps me separate myself into a mental bubbleI often over-compensate and leave loads of extra time for important journeys because you never know when something gets cancelled or theres a traffic jam etc. I started cycling during lockdown when there were less cars on the road and I like that it means I go too fast for anyone to really see me or talk to me - but I have to take quiet longer routes because traffic is so loud and dangerous.

• It's a mixed bag but I have to deal with it because I can't drive. I like getting into the city quickly on quiet off peak trains. Its also one of my favourite things to ride in the front seat at the top deck of buses through the city and take photos/see the architecture/listen to atmospheric music. 

Busy public transport is hell. Noise cancelling headphones and podcasts/music are the only way i can do it now as it helps me separate myself into a mental bubbleI often over-compensate and leave loads of extra time for important journeys because you never know when something gets cancelled or theres a traffic jam etc. I started cycling during lockdown when there were less cars on the road and I like that it means I go too fast for anyone to really see me or talk to me - but I have to take quiet longer routes because traffic is so loud and dangerous.

Children
No Data