Noise reduction

I am the mum of an 11 year old ASD daughter who has just started senior school and is struggling in so many ways... One thing I feel there must be an answer to is the noise in classrooms and cafeteria ... Ok everywhere.

She will not wear ear defenders and they are too big and uncomfortable. She will not wear in-ear noise cancelling earphones as she says they are too uncomfortable. She will wear over ear headphones (if you find the right ones) but the school have said no to these on the grounds of other pupils thinking it unfair and teachers telling kids off. I have had some success with foam earplugs but she can't get them in. 

Does anyone have any tips for easy-use and super comfortable ear plugs or even super comfy in ear headphones. 

I'd be really grateful for any tips. I feel like there must be an answer to this one but it's proving more difficult than I thought. 

• Firstly I am shocked that the school have said this. If it works for her then they should let her do it. What is unfair is the fact that she can't concentrate in class because people are making this noise. 

Someone once recommenced Vibes high fidelity earplugs (you can buy them on amazon I believe) They come with different size bud thingies and they make it so it is much quieter but she'll be able to hear what the teacher is teaching. 

Although I would question the school, especially if she has a diagnosis