Intrusive Thoughts

I have OCD traits, along with my Autism, and have had intrusive thoughts. It culminated today, whenever I was angry at losing my Card Reader for my online banking. (I ordered a new one online) Then, I had to deal with more bureaucratic hurdles to jump - to request death certificates for a brother and a sister of my granddad.

Anyone else deal with inrtusive thoughts?

Parents
  • So sorry you've had to deal with this. I hope you're feeling less invasion from those thoughts now.

I get intrusive thoughts. If I'm really sad/angry/stressed it turns in to self harm. Nothing dangerous, just a coping mechanism, unhealthy though so I'm trying to stop that. I think a lot of my intrusive thoughts are reactions to anxiety.

• I am, thank you. Over the years some of it has lessened. And I’ve always made sure I didn’t make my friend a negative due to the intrusive thoughts. So along with the pain, I acknowledge the pleasure of simply having her in my thoughts. It makes me feel closer to her. But there are days that are so painful, she might as well have died yesterday. That’s a lot of days tbh. 

My intrusive thoughts don’t manifest in any self harm or aggression thank goodness. I sincerely hope you can make some type of peace with your thoughts. 

• Or maybe a truce. Seems more realistic to me. Speaking of myself…..

Reply Children
No Data