Has anyone read this?

Parents
  • I have it and struggled to read it. I think I found it difficult to read about my traits in what I felt was a manual which described my experiences in a clinical way (in some of the academic papers I've read I was drawn more to excepts from interviews than the methodology and the discussion in the paper itself). There was a part of me resistant to the diagnosis - and I think still is on occasion.

At the time I picked this up I preferred to read about other people's lived experience. Now I've come more to terms with my diagnosis I might try and give it another go. It's quite a way down the reading list though. 

• I had to stop reading after the first couple of paragraphs because I found myself revisiting painful memories of the trauma and sadness of a lifetime spent being misunderstood and mistreated.  I'm not sure it's in my best interest to go back and face the loneliness and pain of the past.

• I had to stop reading after the first couple of paragraphs because I found myself revisiting painful memories of the trauma and sadness of a lifetime spent being misunderstood and mistreated.  I'm not sure it's in my best interest to go back and face the loneliness and pain of the past.

Children
No Data