Medical Phobias and Access to Mental and Physical Health Care

Any one else out there struggling to deal with body or medical phobias?  Possibly provoking melt downs and making it difficult to receive treatment.

Are you able to get any help in coping?

Have you found any solutions?  What works?

Parents
  • I only have one medical phobia.  Needles.  i have so far been unable to get past it.  I have allergies and have to carry epipens for them, but am unable to use them due to this phobia.  Tried CBT to get past it, but that failed, because how do you do exposure therapy when you need to stick a needle in yourself?  They tried to give me a drug that had to be injected sub-dermally and well lets say that didnt work out full stop.

Im stuck with this problem.  I cant see any way of getting past it.  I never used to have the problem either.  I've jabbed myself maybe a couple hundred times with pens over the years, but one pen I used a couple of years back hit the bone in my leg and ever since then i cant physically bring myself to use the damned thing.

• My wife has to give me an injection every day - in the stomach.      It's like playing "Battleships" - most times she doesn't hit a nerve in the skin, occasionally she does - and it hurts like fook.

But I'm grateful to her - I couldn't do it for myself either. Smiley

• My wife has to give me an injection every day - in the stomach.      It's like playing "Battleships" - most times she doesn't hit a nerve in the skin, occasionally she does - and it hurts like fook.

But I'm grateful to her - I couldn't do it for myself either. Smiley

Children
No Data