Cutting unpredictable people or people not conducive to an autistic lifestyle out

Can autistic people have a tendency to cut other people out of their lives if they negatively impact their autistic tendencies (and so appearing very hardhearted to outside observers) . Does this result from black/white thinking, over emphasis of rules and a strong need to have people in their lives who are predictable and minimise uncertainty in their own lives.

Parents
  • I have in many ways.  I havent ripped any family out yet.  I am ruthless about it outside of my family.  I also dont expend any energy on meaningless interactions with people unless it has some benefit to me.  I dont really care what others do, as long as it has no impact on me.  I guess that would make me ruthless.  But I realised some time back that it was draining trying to micromanage other peoples affairs and lives when i quite frankly didnt give a ***.

Maybe I will change again, but for now its not likely to happen.

• I have in many ways.  I havent ripped any family out yet.  I am ruthless about it outside of my family.  I also dont expend any energy on meaningless interactions with people unless it has some benefit to me.  I dont really care what others do, as long as it has no impact on me.  I guess that would make me ruthless.  But I realised some time back that it was draining trying to micromanage other peoples affairs and lives when i quite frankly didnt give a ***.

Maybe I will change again, but for now its not likely to happen.

Children
No Data