Cutting unpredictable people or people not conducive to an autistic lifestyle out

Can autistic people have a tendency to cut other people out of their lives if they negatively impact their autistic tendencies (and so appearing very hardhearted to outside observers) . Does this result from black/white thinking, over emphasis of rules and a strong need to have people in their lives who are predictable and minimise uncertainty in their own lives.

Parents
  • They say you become the average of your five nearest people.     It's best to have positive people - negative people drag you down.

• Its more than just this. I mean this applies to everyone. There are additional constraints that I feel alot of aspies need to consider with people that they allow in their life for their own sake. For example if someone is deceitful that can pose a risk for alot of uncertainty in dealing with them and potentially for your life and for some aspies thats just too much to bare. Also some aspies often think in black and white so someones either all bad or all good (even if this is not true, its still a natural and honest view that is taken but alot of aspies even if its subconsciously thought) so alot of us can't deal with what NT people would call shades of gray. 

• No - it's not that hard - if people to not 'add' positiveness to your life, in whatever form, they will drag you down.

I'd rather have no friends than bad ones.

I have some 'negative' friends - like dealing with Eeyore all day.   I don't see them very often - and never on their own - I just can't give that much in one go.

• No - it's not that hard - if people to not 'add' positiveness to your life, in whatever form, they will drag you down.

I'd rather have no friends than bad ones.

I have some 'negative' friends - like dealing with Eeyore all day.   I don't see them very often - and never on their own - I just can't give that much in one go.

Children