Having blood taken and immunisations

Advice / support needed please.

My son, 16, is nor well at the moment and needs some important blood tests doing. He knows and understands why he needs them but cannot follow through with the procedure.

Anyone else have experience of this?

What can I do to support him / help him?

Thank you for your time.

Parents
  • I'm scared of blood tests - I ask the person doing it not to say "sharp scratch" when they start as it makes my veins disappear - well, it feels that way anyway!  Maybe you could find out if little changes such as that would help - I'm assuming he's had it done by now though.

• This gets worse for me with age...bravely in my 20s I did try to give blood a couple of times. Once I passed out, the second time they could only get a 1/4 pint. They told me not to bother again.

My veins clamp down as soon as I see the needle. They've threatened canuals before now, which is a sure fire recipe for a melt down and total failure to get anything. The only way I can have them now is at home. 

• This gets worse for me with age...bravely in my 20s I did try to give blood a couple of times. Once I passed out, the second time they could only get a 1/4 pint. They told me not to bother again.

My veins clamp down as soon as I see the needle. They've threatened canuals before now, which is a sure fire recipe for a melt down and total failure to get anything. The only way I can have them now is at home. 

Children
No Data