Coronavirus Are Autistic people more likely to keep or break the rules?

Are people with Autism:  More likely or less likely to keep the rules re self-isolation or wearing a mask?  I think lots of people are not keeping the rules whether they are Autistic or not.  Lots of naughty children who are sent to their room or bed do not stay there or go there.  Lots of Adults and Children who are supposed to self-isolate do not.

Parents
  • I've been thinking about this and wTching aspIes all year. Some adhere strictly to the letter, some seem to think it's nonsense and are flexible. What i'm tempted to say is that when aspies decide to stick to the rule they do. Overall I'm sceptical about discussions of whether asPies have moral high ground around things, some do some don't, we seem as mixed as NTs.

• I don't think it's a moral high ground as such but another example of the social disability we have.

Where a NT or maybe someone who is less affected in that area can judge which rules can be bent, which apply in only certain situations and which need concrete following, some people with autism lack that insight and follow to the letter for fear of being excluded by the social group. That leads to exclusion anyway because the group somehow know that the autistic person isn't following the rules "right" (from a social POV rather than a right from a moral point of view).

• I don't think it's a moral high ground as such but another example of the social disability we have.

Where a NT or maybe someone who is less affected in that area can judge which rules can be bent, which apply in only certain situations and which need concrete following, some people with autism lack that insight and follow to the letter for fear of being excluded by the social group. That leads to exclusion anyway because the group somehow know that the autistic person isn't following the rules "right" (from a social POV rather than a right from a moral point of view).

Children
No Data