Going Mental

I have been histrionic for the past twenty-odd minutes, due to an application form for an Agency on a Word document with macros which don't work on LibreOffice. I have been flipping birds, and dropping f-bombs at the document.

I need to calm down. Now, I have to stop the coffee - for now - and recentre myself.

Parents
  • You have my sympathy. Things like that are deeply stressful even when they're not inherently broken.

One option that I've tried is to create a whole new document, add the form's questions to it and answer them there. Export from LibreOffice as PDF and send it to them with a note highlighting that you sadly don't have access to MS Word, so would this perhaps suffice, or could they suggest other options?

That way you don't have to disclose anything to them other than your lack of MS Word if you don't want to, but even if you do want to ask them for a reasonable adjustment they should appreciate that you've put in the time and effort to create a workable solution nonetheless.

• You have my sympathy. Things like that are deeply stressful even when they're not inherently broken.

One option that I've tried is to create a whole new document, add the form's questions to it and answer them there. Export from LibreOffice as PDF and send it to them with a note highlighting that you sadly don't have access to MS Word, so would this perhaps suffice, or could they suggest other options?

That way you don't have to disclose anything to them other than your lack of MS Word if you don't want to, but even if you do want to ask them for a reasonable adjustment they should appreciate that you've put in the time and effort to create a workable solution nonetheless.

Children
No Data