In hospital with COVID

Hi,

In case anyone is wondering what I have been up to, for just over a week, I have been in a local hospital battling COVID. Luckily, I now seem to be on the mend. However I think that the environment is getting to me.

Before now, I have never been an inpatient even for a night. I have actually found it very distressing.

I spent a week in Critical Care mostly wearing an Oxygen hood. I freaked out a couple of nights. I am now in Respiratory, the place you go before discharging. Almost as though to mock me, an enhancement patient has been placed in the bed right next to mine. He is up most of the night moaning and talking rubbish which keeps me awake. I am trying to get as much rest as possible so that I will be ready for discharge.

Parents
  • I see from later post you’re home now. Hope you’re feeling better. 

What is an enhancement patient? Or was that a typo? 

• Probably elderly.  Everytime I get admitted I seem to end up on the ward full of dementia patients.  I once woke up to some guy with his d*ck in his hand stood next to my bed.  Not impressed at all.  Told him to get back in his own bed, but a little stronger wording than that.  Think the nurses tied him to the bed in the end.  But yeah, mostly they moan, talk, shout all night, every night.  Even worse when they cart a drunk in.

I would have to be pretty much on deaths door to go into hospital nowadays.

Glad you made it out in one piece .

• Probably elderly.  Everytime I get admitted I seem to end up on the ward full of dementia patients.  I once woke up to some guy with his d*ck in his hand stood next to my bed.  Not impressed at all.  Told him to get back in his own bed, but a little stronger wording than that.  Think the nurses tied him to the bed in the end.  But yeah, mostly they moan, talk, shout all night, every night.  Even worse when they cart a drunk in.

I would have to be pretty much on deaths door to go into hospital nowadays.

Glad you made it out in one piece .

Children
No Data