Sensory issue

Hi

I should start this with I have Asperger's and quite severe ADD at 24 (diagnosed at 20).

I'm very supportive of this global movement about #blacklivesmatter and protests but since all social media is being completely plastered with everything it can and 9 out of 10 posts are about the cause, I can't help but feel really stressed and overwhelmed from it all. I feel pressured to be like everyone else but I get a little scared by it all and it's making me very stressed. Not alot of things make me feel like this, I've been completely fine in lockdown as I love to stay indoors anyway. Am I overthinking this or is it effecting anyone else too?

• Can anyone damage Trump more than Trump does? It seems unlikely.

• Hi NAS67569,

Social media can be toxic if you expose your brain to too much negativity, give your precious grey matter a rest and come off it, or at least limit it for a while. Your mental health will improve Pray

• That's a fake narrative and fake data - black people are much more likely (statistically) to be shot by other black people in the US (and the UK) and white people are far more likely to be shot by a black cop.

You'll notice that the only cities on fire are Democrat run - they are encouraging / paying for this to damage Trump.

• But we live in fear like Black people in America. One reason I stya in most of the time is because I am scared of the police in England. Especially the millennial police who are brought up on 'shoot'em up' games on their Playboy. 

• Hi

it's what you do every day that counts, not what you do once a year. Carry on being true to yourself and your values and to others that interact with you. 

• Yes - It's all fake - pallets of bricks being delivered to the planned riot scenes, paid agitators being bussed in, undercover police being identified smashing windows, political donators promising to bail out and pay for lawyers for rioters who are prepared to martyr themselves to get arrested.

This all has NOTHING to do with black lives - this is a political coup d'état by the Democrat Party to try to steal the 2020 US election.

• I feel stressed and overwhelmed too. 

I have seen many people, who are incredibly discriminatory turn their social media profiles black, therefore, the hypocrisy of people/the need to follow a trend/how little they understand about equality that leaves me feeling angry and sad.

Growing up in the 80s it was commonplace to see racist jokes made in sitcoms, so although it may seem like we still have a very long way to go in regards to equal rights, I'm holding on to the fact that a lot has changed already.

• I wonder if George Floyd as autistic? 

• Hi

Sorry you're feeling like this - just be aware that social media is being weaponised - it's very complicated but nothing to do with black lives - that's just the excuse being used right now.

I'd recommend sitting on the perimeter and not getting dragged into it - one way or another, it will cost you your sanity

I know a few young people who are being bullied and manipulated and even de-friended just because they won't join in with the mob mentality.  

Be strong.