Sensory issue

Hi

I should start this with I have Asperger's and quite severe ADD at 24 (diagnosed at 20).

I'm very supportive of this global movement about #blacklivesmatter and protests but since all social media is being completely plastered with everything it can and 9 out of 10 posts are about the cause, I can't help but feel really stressed and overwhelmed from it all. I feel pressured to be like everyone else but I get a little scared by it all and it's making me very stressed. Not alot of things make me feel like this, I've been completely fine in lockdown as I love to stay indoors anyway. Am I overthinking this or is it effecting anyone else too?

Parents
  • Hi

Sorry you're feeling like this - just be aware that social media is being weaponised - it's very complicated but nothing to do with black lives - that's just the excuse being used right now.

I'd recommend sitting on the perimeter and not getting dragged into it - one way or another, it will cost you your sanity

I know a few young people who are being bullied and manipulated and even de-friended just because they won't join in with the mob mentality.  

Be strong.

• Hi

Sorry you're feeling like this - just be aware that social media is being weaponised - it's very complicated but nothing to do with black lives - that's just the excuse being used right now.

I'd recommend sitting on the perimeter and not getting dragged into it - one way or another, it will cost you your sanity

I know a few young people who are being bullied and manipulated and even de-friended just because they won't join in with the mob mentality.  

Be strong.

Children
No Data