Coping with Covid-19

I'm currently in self-isolation and I know that many of us are feeling anxious/isolated, so I thought I'd share a really useful video by Purple Ella on coping with the Covid-19 pandemic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpvdMVnfGs&t=12s

Here are some tips for activities that have been keeping me busy while I self-isolate:

• Housework (especially the jobs that I've been putting off for a while)
  • Creative writing
  • Reading
  • Watching TV shows and films
  • Playing video games
  • Playing piano
  • Adult colouring books
  • Puzzle books/activity books
  • Keeping in touch with people via social media, or over the phone
  • I'm intending to use a fitness app I have to help me with some exercise, but I haven't got around to that yet Slight smile

Also, some advice on how I'm helping myself stay healthy:

• Drinking plenty of water
  • Continuing to wear my Fitbit so that I notice when I'm not moving around often enough
  • Eating three good meals a day
  • Treating myself (e.g. to a piece of cake) when I feel like it, without going overboard on the snacks
  • Limiting the amount of time I spend on social media and news channels - whilst the Covid-19 updates are helpful, a constant stream of information (some accurate, some not) isn't always helpful for my anxiety levels.

I hope some of these tips are helpful - stay safe and take care of yourselves.

Parents
  • Am I the only one here worried about the health of the PM? 

He may be a bit of a prat, but he's our prat.

• Not more than about health of other random people.

I wish them well.

• I have three offspring on the autistic spectrum, one of whom lives a few doors away but who comes each day to walk the dog - we have to get out of the kitchen when he comes so that there's no face to face contact. He is finding the current situation unbearable - being isolated from family and being kept very busy at work, with little or no understanding from either his employers or his workmates about his autism - 'You're slow at your work because you're lazy, not because of autism' or words to that effect.

The other two are also feeling frustrated about not being able to get the things they need. Finding a delivery slot for any of the supermarkets is well nigh impossible and the supermarkets are trying to persuade healthy, non-vulnerable people to come and do their shopping in the supermarket, thus freeing those delivery slots. It's also very stressful just trying to obtain one of those delivery slots. The one who lives in his own place only has Mondays free to do shopping now, so is limited in what he can do, but can bring stuff from work if we order it.

One other thing - how can you survive if you shop infrequently and buy little when you do go?

Dinah

• I have three offspring on the autistic spectrum, one of whom lives a few doors away but who comes each day to walk the dog - we have to get out of the kitchen when he comes so that there's no face to face contact. He is finding the current situation unbearable - being isolated from family and being kept very busy at work, with little or no understanding from either his employers or his workmates about his autism - 'You're slow at your work because you're lazy, not because of autism' or words to that effect.

The other two are also feeling frustrated about not being able to get the things they need. Finding a delivery slot for any of the supermarkets is well nigh impossible and the supermarkets are trying to persuade healthy, non-vulnerable people to come and do their shopping in the supermarket, thus freeing those delivery slots. It's also very stressful just trying to obtain one of those delivery slots. The one who lives in his own place only has Mondays free to do shopping now, so is limited in what he can do, but can bring stuff from work if we order it.

One other thing - how can you survive if you shop infrequently and buy little when you do go?

Dinah

Children
No Data